Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It's August!

My goodness! I just noticed that I have not posted since the middle of July. What have I been doing? We have been attending our daughter's soccer games and also our grand children's soccer games. We've taken a few rides. Ate ice cream. We spent a day in Alexandria Bay with one of our daughters and grandchildren. We enjoyed a boat ride to Boldt Castle and went to an aquarium.
I did finish a quilt top from a class I took at last year's quilt camp. Marcia Tiernan taught the class and she is now machine quilting it for me. My sister, Mary, and I both took the class and took our tops over to Marcia. I thought Marcia would just pick out the right pattern. Not so! She wanted us to pick out the designs and the thread. After much studying, we decided on several designs. I can't wait to see them. Mary and I want to get the binding on and take the quilts to next month's quilt camp.
We are both taking a class from Marcia again this year. She's a fun gal. It was hard to decide. We liked all the choices and we enjoy taking classes from all the teachers.
It's wonderful to see what other quilters are working on.
When I get the quilt back, I'll post a photo.

No comments: